Articles on Heroes and Villains:
I like to inspire my heroes and villains from the very people that build or destroy society. Theses are not your typical heroes and villains from movies or games…
- “The birth of evil in society: Using a game economy to tell a story” describes where most of evil comes from in society, and how I have used the game economy to tell that story.
- “The case against using religion in policy-making, even if you believe in God” describes why God isn’t a good place to start for deciding what’s good or bad.
- “Why giving more tax breaks to the rich won’t create jobs” describes why trickle-down economics fail.
Articles on minions
- “You’re a minion…” describes what I mean by “minions”, and why I put so much emphasis on them.
- “You’re a minion of capitalism if… (part a – the working poor)” describes common errors minions make when thinking about the poor.
Articles on Game Design:
- “Creating Vortex Green: the difficulties involved in developing a biological world” describes the choices involved in creating a living world.
- “The curse of the camera” describes the difficulties and solutions in implementing a game that can be played using different viewpoints (e.g. first-person, isometric).
- See also some of my articles on Guild Wars 2.
- When not making video games or blogging, I like to think of myself as a scientific researcher, working in perception, psychology.